The competition ends April 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm (23:59) Central European Time, which is GMT +1. It is the participant’s responsibility to determine what time that corresponds to in their geographic location. No submissions are accepted after the deadline, regardless of the cause for a late submission.
• The entries are reviewed by a jury. The jury’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the judging process or the jury’s decisions.
• Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
Permissions and copyright
• For winning images, release forms must be made available to the competition organizers for all images that feature recognizable individuals. Failure to produce necessary release forms may result in the image being disqualified for exhibition and publication.
• By entering the competition, entrants grant the International Fine Art Photography (IFAP) competition royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide rights to reproduce submitted images for promotional and exhibition purposes for up to 3 (three) years, including, but not limited to:
– Publication in the on-line gallery of the IFAP website
– Press releases promoting the current and future competitions
– News stories about the event on the Paris College of Art website and electronic newsletter
– Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media sites managed by the IFAP competition organizers
• All submissions will be credited when reproduced. Should any usage beyond those needed to promote the competition arise, a license will be negotiated with the creator independently of the competition. Entrants’ moral rights are respected.
Images displayed in the exhibition will be credited to the creator.
• Creators retain all copyrights to their work. All submissions will be credited to the creator when reproduced.
• Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, or do not meet guidelines will not be considered.
• By accepting the designation of finalist, participants must submit an exhibition-ready print for the final jury by June 15th. This image will be framed by the competition organizers and exhibited in Paris in November 2017. At the close of the exhibition, and with the creator’s permission, the image will be accepted into the permanent collection of the Bibliotèque nationale de France. If the finalist decides not to donate the image, the image will be returned to the creator at the creator’s expense.
• By accepting a competition award, an entrant agrees to the use of her or his name, likeness, and images for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
• Awards can not be transferred or assigned.
• Scholarship awards are in the form of a tuition reduction. There is no monetary award. Scholarship recipients must meet admissions criteria.
• Should you be a first place winner in your category, you are invited to attend the exhibition and awards ceremony in Paris in November 2017. Travel costs for the winner (excluding any family members or third parties) will be paid for by the competition organizers for a value of up to € 2,000. This covers costs for transportation to / from Paris and lodging in Paris, and is reimbursed against receipts.
• If you chose not to come to Paris you will receive the cash award or scholarship, award certificate, etc., but the amount budgeted for travel will be forfeited.
• Award recipients are responsible for any taxes that may be imposed upon their award.
• If for any reason the competition is unable to run as planned, due to technical failures, Internet failures, computer viruses, or any cause beyond the control of the competition organizers, the organizers reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the competition.
• If for any reason the overall photography events in Paris in November 2017 are cancelled, the competition organizers reserve the right to modify or cancel the competition exhibition in November 2017.
• The International Fine Art Photography competition is not responsible for any Internet, telecommunication, digital, satellite, or other malfunctions that may limit or eliminate an entrant’s ability to submit to the competition.
• By entering the competition all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the competition organizers and any employees of the competition organizers from any claims, losses, and damages as a result of participation in this competition or any competition-related activities.
• This competition is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The competition reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at its discretion.
• By submitting an entry to this competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• Early-bird deadline: February 15, 2017.
• Final deadline: April 15, 2017.